Monday, August 22, 2005

What I Learned on My Summer Vacation - Part 1

It is impossible to pack a for trip without forgetting something.
AND
Baby hats are cute.

For the first half of our week-long vacation, we visited Mom, Dad, and Matt in Needville. Aunt Elizabeth came over for dinner, and she, Mom and I were in a knitting frenzy. Meanwhile, the boys went out in search of our favorite board game, Acquire. In a despicable irony, I had spent 3 hours making a special bag for the game pieces, but then I put the game away while cleaning and forgot to pack it. We realized that we had forgotten it when we were about 3 hours down the highway. Here is a picture of the bag, now a symbol of my bitterness. I take this as a sign that no matter how carefully you pack, you will ALWAYS forget something.


And here are some of the baby hats I knitted for Mom's contribution to The Premie Project (my first experiments with knitting in the round).

More installments of W.I.L.O.M.S.V. to come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Yeah, like the time I forgot my swimsuit for our week long vacation at the beach!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Cricket said...

I now hop from your Mom's page to yours to keep up with your adventures. The kittens sound like a hand full. The hats are too cute and I'm jeolous since I'm still afraid of the words "knitting in the round" whether it involved dpn's or two needles. Guess I'll have to get my nerves together and try. The yellow hat on the star is great.
Linda Baldree (I work for your Dad)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home